Sales & Marketing
Speak to your Customers!
Many professional jobs offered today benefit from basic marketing skills. Demand for sales and marketing professionals will continue to increase as companies are offering wider ranges of products alongside improved and new technologies. Organizations rely on a sales and marketing professional’s emotional intelligence and effectiveness in face-to-face interaction.
The Sales and Marketing class is designed to prepare students for success in the workplace during and after high school. All students will benefit from the educational experience, regardless of career interest. In this course, students will learn the rights and obligations of both employers and employees, learn how to manage personal finances, explore entrepreneurial opportunities, and discover how empathy and honesty can lead to professional success.
Students that complete the two-year Sales and Marketing course will have a distinct advantage over the typical high school student in the job market. The curriculum challenges students with authentic business situations. The classroom’s store offers real-life, on-the-job training unlike any comparable secondary education program. Students will gain first-hand experience in personal selling, handling money, and making decisions in a business environment.
All students have the opportunity to compete in the marketing club, DECA, which can lead to college scholarships or free college credit for top performers.
- Students are cooperative and enthusiastic, work well with others, and participate willingly
- Able to follow directions, work independently, and ask questions to clarify
- Willingness, self-confidence, and perseverance to try new things and learn from mistakes
- Have drive and strive for more than just minimum requirements
- Comfortable volunteering new ideas and using imagination to solve problems
- Demonstrates maturity and judgment – take responsibility for self
- Honest individuals with integrity