Enrollment for High School Programs

  • Enrollment at the Jackson Area Career Center starts with your local high school counselor, who can determine if the Career Center's programming will fit within a student's schedule. Enrollment for the fall begins in February of the previous school year.  Each Jackson County high school has a specific enrollment form that is available by contacting your local high school counselor or principal. 

    If you do not attend a Jackson County school, you can submit an Enrollment Request by clicking the Enroll Now!  button below. 

    Common questions about enrollment are answered in the Frequently Asked Questions section. You can also call or email any of our counselors for more information about the enrollment process.

    CLICK HERE to take a virtual tour of our building!

    Enroll now button

     To enroll in our AFTER SCHOOL Programs, click HERE

JACC Counselors

  • Deanna Johnson - (517) 768-5162 - deanna.johnson@jcisd.org
    da Vinci
    Grass Lake
    Jackson High
    Jackson Pathways
    Lumen Christi
    Michigan Center

    Paula Freehling - (517) 768-5168 - paula.freehling@jcisd.org
    East Jackson
    Hanover Horton
    Jackson Christian
    Western Career Prep

    Tricia Blair - (517) 768-5114 - tricia.blair@jcisd.org
    Columbia Central
    Columbia Options
    Napoleon Ackerson Lake
    Northwest Connect
    Out of Jackson County

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What do I need to enroll?

    To enroll, students must have enough credits to qualify as a junior in high school and/or are on track to graduate on time. There is also an age cap consideration, and enrolled students can not turn 20 on or before the first day of school (those that are over the age cap can seek Adult Enrichment options.)

    Who is eligible to enroll?

    Students working toward high school completion and live in Jackson and surrounding counties and who will be in 11th or 12th grade. Students are only able to attend JACC for a maximum of 2 years once they start 11th grade. Special Education students must have an IEP, and a Career Center representative must have attended their meeting.

    I'm a homeschooled student. How do I enroll?

    Homeschooled students may request to enroll at the Jackson Area Career Center by using the Enroll Now! link.  If you have other questions about enrollment requirements, call or email Deanna Johnson at (517) 768-5162 / deanna.johnson@jcisd.org.  

    What if I need help in deciding which class is the best fit for me?

    Watch the Career Center video.  Check out the complete list of Career Center programs here.  Click on the individual program links for more information.  Look for "Success Indicators" on each program's webpage or in the JACC program brochure.  These are recommendations/suggestions to follow when placing students in classes, and students often do best in these classes with the identified characteristics.

    Do you offer full-day programming?

    No. Participating students must choose either the morning or afternoon session.