First Sergeant Kenneth G. Beasley
Army Instructor Office Hours: 0745 - 1500 hrs daily. Cell: (734) 612-7988
SUMMARY OF SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Twenty-seven years of military service, committed to mission first - people always.
Leader, manager, mentor and role model.
An experienced team builder, bringing enthusiasm and energy into group efforts.
Possess effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
2008-Present JROTC, Jackson Intermediate School District Jackson, MI
· Substitute for Senior Army Instructor and Army Instructor in their absence
· Class logistics for supplies, Field Trips, Community Service, Color Guard for special events
· Equestrian Instructor for the Cavalry Troop.
· First Aid and CPR Certified instructor (anticipated November 13, 2009)
1994-2008, Retired Michigan Department of Corrections Adrian, MI
Corrections Officer, Guss Harrison Facility
· Yearly Training seminars (40 hours) in Restraints, Weapons, CPR, First Aid, etc.
1991-1994 Overhead Door of Huron Valley Whitmore Lake, MI
Senior Sales Representative
Expand sales for overhead garage doors
1988-1991 Taylor Made Products Lincoln Park, MI
Expanded territorial sales for garage door and window sales
Developed excellence in sales through Dale Carnegie Sales Course
1980-1988 Crawford Door Sales Ypsilanti, MI
Management and Sales
Garage and entry doors sales to retail and wholesale clients
Residential scheduling for installations
1978-December 2001, Retired United States Armed Reserves Jackson, MI
First Sergeant, Military Police
Given charge of Military Police Company 1989
Attended primary leadership, Advanced NCO academies along with ISG training for the United States Army
1974-1980 Village of Manchester Manchester, MI
Full time Police Officer
Routine city patrol
Trained for officer specialties in investigation and Detective Bureau
Familiar with and trained for position in narcotics, fingerprinting with the FBI, Liquor Law, Homicide, Civil Disturbance and Liability, Arson, Scientific Aids in Crime Investigation, Firearms, Accident, Investigation
Completed Police Academy for Southeastern Chief of Police Association
1964-1974 City of Wayne Wayne, MI
Full Time Police Officer
1962-1964 City of Wayne Wayne, MI
Full time Firefighter
Duties included fighting fires along with rescue and engine operation
Teletype and Crypto Repairman
Managing and coordinating the repairs for five communication centers while stationed in Germany
Completed basic training with the United States Army, trained in the specialized field of Crypto Graphic and teletyping.
1994 Criminal Justice Department
· Department of Corrections Academy, John Mireles class/ 540 hours
1990, December Jackson Community College
· Correctional Certificate/ 15 Credit hours
· 1SG course, United States Army/ 80 hours
· Dale Carnegie Course/ 40 hours
1982 Advanced NCO Academy
· United States Army/ 80 hours
1981 Primary Leadership Academy
· United States Army/ 80 hours
1979 Military Police School
· United States Army, Honor Graduate/ 80 hours
· Attended academies, training seminars, and courses for various positions held throughout the years of service receiving certificates and honors in the Military and Law Enforcement.
1959 Wayne Memorial High School Wayne, MI
· Achieved High School Diploma
Marriage of 46 years, two children, married with families. Hobbies include love for outdoors, horses, history, and spending time with 7 grandchildren.
1959 Enter Military Service Basic Training Ft. Leonard Wood MO
1960 Stationed at Ft Gordon GA. Signal Repair School
1960 Stationed at Ft Knox KY. 74th Signal Subport Unit
1961 Transferred to Germany. 32 Air Defense
1961 Promoted to SGT.
1962 Off active duty into the I R Reserve
1978 Stationed in the 303rd Military Police Co. (CS) Jackson MI
1979 Honor Graduate Military Police Academy
1980 Promoted to SSG
1982 Promoted to SFC
1988 Promoted to ISG
2001 Retired from Military Service