To be successful in the Jackson Area Career Center Programming class, students typically possess the following:
- Good at math and likes it, especially Algebra
- Good at story problems
- Enjoys logic puzzles & brain-teasers
- Good at number patterns. Can you solve this? , , 48, 78, 126, 204, …
- Detail-oriented. Are you good at "spot the difference between two images" games?
- Determined! It may take hours to fix a programming error.
- A problem-solver with initiative. If you don't know the answer, can you find it (beyond just using Google)?
- At grade-level reading comprehension
- Advanced computer experience (ie. building your own) is a plus but not mandatory
- Likes to make things (in physical & virtual worlds)
- Gamers (no, you do not have to be a gamer), you not only play but you mod them
- Has made a website, is a plus but not mandatory