Health Technician I
Is Your Future in Medicine?Health Sciences Program OverviewA Career in Caring!The health field continues to grow quickly, and there are numerous careers available for trained professionals. A student enrolled here will gain skills and knowledge that will remain valuable in college and throughout their career. As part of the Healthcare Technician program, students can also participate in Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) club and take part in local, regional, state and national competitions.
This course is provided in a rotation format:
- Biomedical Science - Using computers, research, and presentation skills, students learn the processes, structures and interactions of body systems and how they work together. During this rotation, hands-on projects and dissections enable students to investigate body systems and a variety of health conditions.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - The 40-plus patient care skills taught in this rotation prepare students to become successful nursing assistants, with the knowledge to function in a variety of healthcare settings. Students will participate in a clinical experience at an area nursing home (please note that transportation to and from the site is the students' responsibility). Upon successful completion of this rotation, students are eligible to take the CNA state exam.
- Healthcare Foundations - Students in this class will explore and learn the fundamentals essential to becoming a healthcare professional. Topics will include infection control, safety precautions, legal and ethical considerations, and medical terminology. CPR and First Aid certification are also included in this rotation.
Holly Metheringhamholly.email@example.com(517) 768-5283Joan Schieljoan.firstname.lastname@example.org(517) 990-6622Erin Hull(517) 990-6609
- Baker College
- Career Quest Learning Center
- Davenport University
- Ferris State University
- Jackson College
- Washtenaw Community College
- First Aid
- AED - Automated External Defibrillator
- CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant